Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Verlinde Verlinde is offline

Default Can I lock a cell after data entry so entry can not be changed

I am creating a test using excel 2003 that will self grade and give the
tester information to review when they get the answer incorrect. What I
would like to do is only give them one chance to answer. I do not want them
to be able to change their answer. I would like them to enter their answer
in a cell. If they get it incorrect, through data validation, a box will pop
up to tell them what they need to go back and study. When they close the
data validation box, I would like the answer to stay incorrect and the cell
to lock so they can not change their answer. Can someone help me with this