Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default How do I add extra data to a pivot table?

EXCEL 2007

Click in the Pivot Table to launch the PivotTable Tools on the right hand
side of the Title Bar (highlighted in red).

Options / Data group / Change Data Source - this will highlight the data for
your existing Pivot Table / now extend the range as required and hit OK.

Thanks.

"Max" wrote:

I know this might sound slightly simplistic, but my pivot table pulls data
from a separate tab. I know if I go in and amend the data in that table and
then save and restart, the data in my pivot table will change accordingly.
What I cannot figure out is how to add extra rows that will be reflected in
the pivot table. I can't find anyway to expand the data field in pivot table
options. Can anyone help?