matty_g

Thanks for your help,

however I am still having the problem with this fact, when the value is
false there is already a value in the field. I would like to just keep
this value and do nothing to it. That is my problem.

something like this =IF(A2="",RANDBETWEEN(1,E2),'-do nothing-')

do nothing mean just leave it the way it is. I was also trying to
figure out how to possibly save the value to a variable then display
the variable if false. Not sure if this is possible. I have some
programming experience but not much excel. It was just a thought due
to the programming I have done. anyways any help would be greatly
appreciated

Thanks again

--
matty_g