Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul C Paul C is offline

Default Excel - Run Macro on Cell Change

Create a Worksheet Change macro and check the target position and value like
this.

If any cell but A3 is changed nothing get executed

If Target.Row=3 and Target.Column=1 then
Select Case target.value
Case 1
Call macro1
Case 2
Call macro2
etc...
End Select

If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Malaria Man" wrote:

I am trying to have 1 of 8 different macro's run depending on the value of a
specific cell.
If I enter 1 in cell A3, I would like macro1 to run. If I change cell A3 to
2, I would like macro2 to run and so on all the way up to entering 8 and
getting macro8 to run. I am unable to find any good examples of how to do
this. I realize I will probably have to use Worksheet Event to do this but
what is the macro code I will need.