PK

Hello Bob,

That works in a separate cell but I want to do everything in one cell
because I want to calculate any hours worked over 7.5 hours and then also
check to see that they don't come from the overtime hours. It is possible to
make a formula that:

Looks the see if the total hours are over 7.5. (did this already by using
automsum for total hours in B19)
If so tell the hours over 7.5 (did this using the =(B19-7.50)*(B19-7.5) and
that formula was put in cell B20.
at the same time make sure the hours over 7.5 don't come from the overtime
hours which are located in the B10 cell.
And put the result in B20.
In other words do everything with one formula in one cell.

Thanks again for your help!

Best Regards,
PK

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

or MAX(B20-7,5,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"KL" wrote in message
Hi PK,

Try typing the following formula in [B21]:

=(B20-7.50)*(B20-7.5)

or

=IF(B20-7.50,B20-7.5,0)

Regards,
KL

"PK" wrote in message

I need to compare a value in a cell and see if it is higher than 7.5.

If
it
is higher than 7.5 I want to subract 7.5 from it and move the result

into
another cell. For instance. If B20 7.5 Subract 7.5 from B20 and Move
B21. How can I do that easily? I was trying to use the IF function but
cannot find the correct formatting to get it to move the value to the

B21
cell.

Thanks,

PK