Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default "Blank" cells showing unwanted data

Sorry, Ed, but this is not clear.
What was the original SUM formula? The one you will always return the same
value.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ed O'Brien" wrote in message
I inherited a workbook for energy usage in which the formula below was
entered weekly as each week's readings were entered. Rather than do this
each week I dragged the formulae down each column so all I would need to
do was enter the reading each week. Simple? Yes, I thought so too.

However, I changed the =SUM formulae to =IF(L29=" "," ",7*2.466*0.21294)
to prevent blank readings such as #VALUE showing when there are no entries
in the row.

My problem is, dragging the formula down the columns 5 to 57, 3 out of 6
columns - in the same rows, 34 to 46 - the last entry made in row 13 of
that column displays when the cell should be blank. All other cells behave
as expected - blank.

All the rows and columns are identical except, of course, the cell numbers
within the formulae.

Can anyone explain how this happens and if there is a way I can cure it?

TIA or any help.