Bernie Deitrick

Pankaj,

Select column A, then use Edit / Go To... Special Blanks OK. Then type an
equal sign, press the up arrow key once, then press Ctrl-Enter. Then
reselect column A, copy, and paste values, and you're done.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Pankaj" wrote in message

I have an excel sheet with 1000 names in Column A. Each cell in Column A

has
5 associated cells in Column B. ie If A1 has a name "ABC"....it has B1
through B5 associated with it. The next value would be in A6...which has
values from B6 through B10 associated with it. My question is there a

formula
where i can fill in cells A2:A5 with ABC and A7:A10 with the value in
A6.....and so on.

Thanks