Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ozgrid.com ozgrid.com is offline

Default Linking to other worksheets

How can I set it up so i don't have to manually type in the worksheet
reference every time?

Why are typing the Worksheet name manually? Use you mouse pointer and let
Excel do the typing and fill down.

You could use INDIRECT to reference the sheet name in a cell, BUT then all
your references will be Volatile.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Cav" wrote in message
I have 12 worksheets (Jan - Dec) each containing data for each month. I
also
have a summary sheet that i would like to link to the monthly data. On the
summary sheet my months are listed vertically A5 (Jan) - A16 (Dec) with
sales
data to go in B5-B16. Formula for B5 is =Jan!$B$35, B6 is =Feb!$B$35 and
so
on.

How can I set it up so i don't have to manually type in the worksheet
reference every time? For example it won't allow to reference the
worksheet
name from a cell: =A5!$B$35