Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Setting up Invoices

hi
it could be done in excel but i would highly recomend access. as your
business expands, access would expand with it far better than excel. access
is far more suited for a database. xl2007 i think was a major attempt by MS
to incorperate database into excel but i don't know how successful they are
at it. so my recomendation is use access.
opinions on this subject vary dramatically the the fact remains. excel was
designed as a number cruncher for accountants. access was design as a
database.

regards
FSt1

".:RoKsTaR:." wrote:

Here's what I need to do:

Invoice and average of 50 different customers each month for one or more of
the dozen services I offer.

I figure I need a database of contact info with each person being assigned a
unique i.d. number.

I also need a database of services

I need a form that pulls info from both databases and provides a total with
or without tax depending on the service.

So my question is, how do I go about doing this? Is excel even the right
program for me or do I need to incorporate access?

Cheers!