Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Conditional Formatting from 2007 to 2003

If the pivot table(s) is/are on a sheet separate from the data, it's fairly
easy - we'd move the code into that sheet's _Activate() event processor, then
it would update the format when the sheet is selected.

The problem becomes during the adding/deleting of fields in the PT, and
having the range to look at hard coded. Let me play around some and see if I
can't come up with something.

If we knew that the PT was always going to start on the same row, that would
help, and if we could simply reset the formatting of the entire column to
xlAutomatic, that would make it almost a piece of cake.

"blmiller2002 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

J,

I appreciate your help, this looks like exactly what we need. One more
question, the people who are going to be looking at this report might find
the need to add or subtract fields from the pivot. Do you know of a way to
insert this formatting into the sheet and give it the functionally to be able
to keep the formatting if things are re-arranged?

Thanks

.