Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Preschool Mike Preschool Mike is offline

Default Moving Shapes

Let me see if I can explain this correctly....I have 10 shapes/picutres on my
worksheet. Shapes 1 - 5 we'll call movable and shapes 6 - 10 unmovable.
What I'd like to happen is that by clicking on one of my movable shapes and
then by clicking on one of my unmovable shapes the movable shape moves on top
of or inside the unmovable shape. This would be a random selection and
placement of shapes (e.g., any movable shape can be moved to any unmovable
shape). Is this possible? I know how to do this in powerpoint but have no
clue with excel.

In powerpoint I would do something like this...
Dim myShape As Shape
'Assign the shape to be moved to this macro
Sub MoveThisShape(theShape As Shape)
Set myShape = theShape
End Sub

'Assign the shape that its moved to to this macro
Sub MoveShapeTo(thePlacementShape As Shape)
myShape.Top = thePlacementShape.Top + 1
myShape.Left = ThePlacementShape.Left + 1
End sub
--
Mike Mast
Special Education Preschool Teacher