Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Finding NEXT to last, non zero numeric value in a row

Hi,

Try this array formula

=INDEX(3:3,LARGE(IF((B3:AQ3<"")*ISNUMBER(B3:AQ3)* (B3:AQ3<""),COLUMN(B3:AQ3)),2))
--
Mike

question.

"gergster" wrote:

trying to find a way to automatically return (via formula, not macro- I don't
know squat about macros), automatically return the NEXT TO LAST, non zero,
numeric value in a row of cells. All info in the range is numeric. I found
this one to find the LAST value:
=LOOKUP(E1+100,1/(B3:CQ3),B3:CQ3)

but i need the value to the immediate LEFT of what that formula returns. I
am a complete newbie. Speak slowly and use small words. Don't know anything
about macros, or any formulas beyond simple math