Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peter Gonzalez[_2_] Peter Gonzalez[_2_] is offline

Default Add values based on text color with the criteria of a date

I have some data that I gather up every day. This data concerns of Parts,
Quantities and work orders numbers. The parts have to be divided by
departments although I can never predict which parts are going to show up on
my data report nor how many. So what I do is divide the parts I get by text
color Red, Blue, Black. So what I wanted know was if there is a formula that
I can use to add up the values I get in Red, Blue, Black separately on to a
different sheet that I have set up for the totals.

My data sheet looks like this: (Example)
Column C Column D Column E Column G
Item # Qty. Ordered Qty. Completed Date
K20206-3731 288 (Blue) 283(Blue) 4/9/2010
R33943 1133(Black) 1065(Black) 4/9/2010
S14185 60(Red) 0(Red) 4/9/2010
S21747 567(Blue) 505(Blue) 4/9/2010
R34108 881(Black) 838(Black) 4/9/2010
S12029 1065(Red) 1061(Red) 4/9/2010
etc.

I want my totals Sheet to look like this:
Dept. A
Dates Qty. Ordered Qty. Completed
4/9/2010 Red total Red total

Dept. B
Dates Qty. Ordered Qty Completed
4/9/2010 Blue Total Blue Total

Dept. C
Dates Qty. Ordered Qty Completed
4/9/2010 Black Total Black Total

I get hundreds of parts and quantities every day so it kind of is time
consuming. Please help me and make my life easier.