Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hans Terkelsen Hans Terkelsen is offline

Default Show time as a negative figure

"JCR1987" wrote in message ...

Can someone tell me if it's possible to calculate time as a negative
figure. I'm trying to do a calculation where if you work less than
contracutual hours it shows up as -01:00 using the custom time format
[h]mm:ss.

To be clear, I have a figure of 0:00:00 (zero hours) and a figure of
1:00:00 (1 hour) but when I do the =sum subtraction formula it comes
back with the result of #######. All I need it to show is 0 hours minus
1 hour = -1 hour.

Any help much appreciated.

JCR

Hi JCR.

Try this format, if you want to stay in the 1900 datesystem.

[h]:mm;-[h]:"hrs"

It is impossible to have negative minutes too, in the 1900 system,
but if all you want is negative hours that format will work.

Hans T.