Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default Out of Stack Space ... Recorded Macros

Jim / Dave ... (Good morning)

Yes ... I am back on the road again ... All Buttons & Macros working as
desired ... NO more "Out of Stack Space" issue with "Calculate" ... :)

Many "Thanks" again ... Kha

"Ken" wrote:

Jim / Dave ... Thanks for responding ...

Unfortunately, I can not respond to Jim's reply because I simply do not
understand any VB Code language or terminology ... :(

That said ... I had a recorded Macro named "Calculate" & I had Form Buttons
attached to it ... I also had "Calculate" as an instruction within other
Recorded Macros ... Since yesterday, I killed the "Calculate" Macro & I
re-recorded it with a different Name "Calculate File" ... I re-assigned
Buttons to this Macro & I no longer get "Stack" error when using these
buttons ... This is good. Now I am going to take the apostrophe away from in
front of the "Calculate" instruction that is within the other Macros to see
if I am now around the "Stack" error???

Not sure if any of this will work, but in reading Jim's reply & his term
"looping" I wondered if somehow the Macro "Calculate" & my imbedded
"Calculate" instruction were somehow causing this???

Thanks for supporting these boards & providing the many valuable solutions
... Kha

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Just curious if you have any worksheet/workbooks/application events that are
firing when your code runs?

Ken wrote:

SS Calculation set to "Manual" ... Here is my Recorded Code ... I am getting
"Out of Stack Space" message on "Calculate" ... However, SS allows me to F9
Calculate???

Sub Sort_Type_Rec_Ascend()
'
' Sort_Type_Rec_Ascend Macro
'

'
a = MsgBox("SORT ... Type Record (Ascending)?", vbYesNo, "ATTENTION!")
If a = 7 Then Exit Sub

ActiveSheet.Unprotect

Range("A2:D22").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:= _
True, AllowFormattingRows:=True, AllowSorting:=True,
AllowFiltering:=True

Calculate

Range("O40").Select

End Sub

Thanks ... Kha

"Ken" wrote:

Excel2003 ... I know nothing of writing Code ... I Record Macros only ...

That said ... SS working fine until I started getting error (Out of Stack
Space)

Is there "HELP" for me??? ... Thanks ... Kha

--

Dave Peterson
.