Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ozgrid.com ozgrid.com is offline

Default Change Default Auto-Fill-In month

Ctrl+; and edit the day.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"scootr" wrote in message
If I format a cell as a date mm/dd/yy; If I only type in the month and
date,
"4/15" ,excel will automatically fill in the the current year, so the cell
will end up displaying 4/15/10.

But if I only type in the date, "15", then excel will fill in the January
2000 as the default month and year, so the cell will end up displaying
1/15/00.

Is there a way to tell excel to auto fill in the current month and current
year when I do this? (example: If I type in the date, "15", then I want
excel
to fill in today's month and year, so the cell will display 4/15/10.)