Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default copy cells but lock editing

I guess I don't understand enough.

Why can't you lock that range?
What do you mean by source data and why can't those cells be locked?

Lise wrote:

Hi Dave

The only way the source data works is if I unlock a specific range ie data
in the row under Jan - Dec - the problem with this is that other users can
then edit those cells which I don't want if possible? thoughts?
--
Thanks as always

Lise

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you lock the cells and protect the worksheet, what happens when the user
tries to copy those cells?

Lise wrote:

Hi everyone

I have a spreadsheet where I have locked cells and password protected.
within this sheet though I have not locked a specific range of cells as they
are used in another sheet as source data.

Is there a way that I can allow these cells to still be copied for the
source data but not actually changed by other users??
--
Thanks as always

Lise

--