Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mitch Mitch is offline

Default how do I import data in excel form SQL server?

Thanks Duke. Im really new to SQL. I have here a Server Management studio
and an SQL query analyzer. Which one should I use. Both could give me
results to grid. How do I change it into view? After this, what do I do to
connect the results to Excel(import)?

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Asuming you have rights on the Server, convert your 'script' (by which you
probably mean query?) into a view. If you don't have adequate rights, then
use MS Query to connect to SQL Server and use your query text there.

"Mitch" wrote:

Hello All,

I've been trying to import data into excel from our SQL server. I have
the sql script yielding the results. The real problem is when I use the data
connectivity wizard, it only allows you to select one table from the database
in your SQL server. However, my script involves two tables with a join. Any
ideas would be helpful

Thanks,

Mitch