Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mgreen-NJ mgreen-NJ is offline

Default Excel IF Formulas

Good afternoon -

I need to create a formula in a cell that indicates if that particular cell
returns a certain value then the entire row of information should be moved to
a different sheet.

For lack of a more formal formula I'm trying to get something that works
along the following concept:

"IF cell A1=1 then move Row 1 to sheet 2 or if cell A1=2 then move Row 1 to
sheet 3", etc., etc.

I basically have a pipeline of information on a master sheet that I would
like to split up into 9 different sheets (all in 1 file) depending on what
the status is of a particular item. As I change the status of the item I
want it to automatically move the row of information to the appropriate sheet.

I'm used to working with the basic math functions and I don't usually work
with IF scenarios. Is this something that can be done?

Thank you.