Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default XIRR range question

A UDF would copy the cells to an unused portion (or unused sheet), then do
the calculation. Why not just do this yourself in your spreadsheet?

Regards,
Fred

"Brad" wrote in message
No, I mean XIRR

The stream of "m" and "n"s are the values
the strream of "d" are the dates.

Not sure what you mean that the number of cells are not the same
M3:M4 and N5 are three values
D3:D5 are three dates

M3:M40 and N41 are 39 values
D3:D41 are 39 dates

I'm willing to have my UDF, but not sure how that would be done.

"Joe User" wrote:

"Brad" wrote:
I would like to have
=xirr(m3:m4 and n5,d3:d5)
or
=xirr(m3:m40 and n41,d3:d41)

Your examples do not make sense. Do you mean IRR instead of XIRR?

XIRR takes two arrays: XIRR(values,dates). (There is also an optional
"guess" parameter.) In your examples, if M represents values and N
represents dates, the number of cells must be the same for both. That is
not
the case in your examples.

For IRR, you can use the union operator. For example,
IRR((M3:M40,N41,D3:D41)). Note that the "extra" set of parentheses is
required.

However, XIRR does not support the union operator. To my knowledge,
there
is "no way" to specify non-contiguous arrays with XIRR, other than
writing
your own UDF.