Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Default how do I change format to percentage without multiplying by 100

1.3 equals 130%, it's not a matter of formatting. You need to divide those
values by 100, then format as %.

To do that, type 100 in a cell somewhere, then highlight it and go Copy,
then highlight all the 1.3 etc cells, right click, select Paste Special, and
check Divide.

Now format them % (change decimal place to 1) and there you go.

"Fdn Girl" wrote:

I have imported ROI data for securities to Excel. However, when the ROI
comes over, it is formatted as 1.3, instead of 1.3%. When I try to change to
format to %, it automatically multiplies by 100 and I get 130%.