Dave Peterson

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Maybe it'll work for you.

"scott.auer" wrote:

I have s/s#1 which uses vlookup to locate data in a seperate file s/s#2,
and returns the data to s/s#1. This is working ok.

Assuming I have closed all files, and I open s/s#1 and select NO to
update links, if I now change the data I am searching for the result is
an error condition, (even if the data does actually exist in s/s#2).

Some spreadsheets I have created have this problem and some don't. I
suspect there is a setting which allows you to cache the data from the
linked spreadsheet.

Any suggestions?

Scott

--