Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Prevent Manual Calculation Mode

Hi,

This 'feature' of Excel causes it to remember the calculation setting of the
first workbook opened in a session so if that workbok was set to calculation
manual then it picks up that setting.
--
Mike

question.

"Evan Weiner" wrote:

Is there a way to prevent the manual calculation mode. It seems 2003 "knows"
when to set it. In most cases I find it annoying when results are obviously
not what they're supposed to be, and I haven't set the manual mode myself.