Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason Jason is offline

Default year formula

I'm sure this is very simple, but for some reason it's not working for me. I
have a log of training sessions provided to clients. I want to run a pivot
table that totals the number of hours for the year. I track the date in the
spreadsheet, so I wanted to add a column of "year" so that I can easily get
totals per year. I want to reference the date column to populate the year
for that date (I have hundreds of lines already so I don't want to do it
manually)

When i added the column & used the year function, it comes up with 1905 each
time instead of the actual year. How do I accomplish this?

thanks!