Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
iperlovsky iperlovsky is offline

Default Conditional IF formula using multi-dimensional arrays

I am attempting to find a value in a 30 column (1000+ row) array that is
conditioned on finding an exact value match in adjacent column and a
not-to-exceed value in the same row in the 30 column array. If this were
limited to single column arrays, I would not have a problem, but the issue
arrises because I do not know which column the not-to-exceed value will be in
so I must use the full 30 column array. Here is my formula, which I am
hoping someone would be able to help me with:

{=MAX(IF((BI3:BI5000=A1)*(BJ3:CM5000<=A2),BJ3:CM50 00))}

Thanks for your help,