Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris Chris is offline

Default Can I protect data in a cell, but allow comments to be entered

Hi JB,
Please ignore the last message, Ive tried, and it works :)
Thanks so much, very much appreciated.

Thanks

"Chris" wrote:

Hi JB,
Many thanks for your reply. Could I possibly trouble you to ask
how this works?, or what it does exactley? Is there something specific I
need to do one I place this into VB for the worksheet?

Apologies for the vagueness of the question, I just dont fully understand
it, Im greatly appreciative of your response.

"JB" wrote:

Sheet is not protected.

If Target.Column = 2 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.Undo
Application.EnableEvents = True

http://cjoint.com/?ennkKYJTmT

JB
http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/

On 13 avr, 12:26, Chris wrote:
Hi All,
I have an excel sheet in which I have some protected cells and
unprotected cells. The protected cells are protected so that the forumla
within them cannot be edited/removed, however, I would like all users to be
able to insert comments in these fields.
The edit objects selection when protecting the sheet allows for comment
entry, but it also allows the user to alter the data in the cell.
Any solutions/ advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chris

.