Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default Protecting Formulas in Tables

In Excel 2007 I have a formatted table, 10 columns wide, in which 5 of the
columns have formulas.

There is a nice feature in Excel 2007 that allows me to type a value in a
cell which is directly beneath the table and the table then expands to
€śconsume€ť that value and automatically fills the remaining columns in the
table with, where appropriate, the formulas.

I want to protect the table so that the formulas are not inadvertently
overwritten AND take advantage of this feature.

However, if I lock and hide the cells, then Protect the worksheet, this
feature is disabled.

Can anyone help?