Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
andyoftheg andyoftheg is offline

Default Sum VLOOKUP?

Hi All,

I appologise if this function is currently avalible and i have missed it.
Is there a function or macro in Excel 03 which will effectivly provide the
sum of multipul VLOOKUPs?

I have a table of names and hours worked for a project.
The table is also divided into tasks, so the same name may come up numberous
times if the same person has done more than 1 task.

I would like to create a new table that gives me the total hours worked by
each person by using a vlookup (or simillar) but will add up all the results,
ather than returning the 1st result as you would get from a normal VLOOKUP.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy