Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nic Daniels Nic Daniels is offline

Default Invoice: customer database and billing information

Hi,

I would like to connect an invoice sheet to a customer database (a database
including names, addresses as well as billing information). I would be great
to somehow be able to search for a customer in the invoice sheet, click on
his/her name and the name + address of that customer would be sent to a
specific cell and the billing information would be sent to another cell.

For instance:

Customer database (Sheet 2)
1 Anderson, J. ...Street, zip code etc $100
2 Bystrom, E. ...Street, zip code etc $34
3 XXX
$XX
4 XXX
$XX
5 Etc...
$XX

Invoice (Sheet 1):
Search for the last name of customer (I don't know how, could be a function
or something like that), it could be Anderson for instance, click on it and:
the information in cell A1 in sheet 2 will be sent to cell D7 in sheet 1
the information in cell B1 in sheet 2 will be sent to D13 in sheet 1

How do I create a simple database with names, addresses and billing
information and how do I connect it to the invoice? If you have any solutions
I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Kind regards, Nic