kimmyhendrix kimmyhendrix is offline
Junior Member

Default Basic Question on autocomplete function

Hi everyone, my first time on the forum and my first thread. I apologize if this is already located on the forum here. I tried searching, but came up with many unrelated threads so I thought I'd give this a shot.

I am trying to auto complete a link to another worksheet by corner dragging a formula over a ROW in one worksheet FROM data in the COLUMN of another worksheet. In other words:

Worksheet 1: E9, F9, G9, should point to (respectively),
Worksheet 2: C2, C3, C4

The auto complete formula function does not recognize what I'm trying to do. And I have to do this with tens of thousands of cells. It would boil down to only a hundred rows or so if I could automate this.

Thanks for any help!

- excel noob -