Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Sorting tables on protected worksheets

Generally one has code to unprotect, code to do the sort, then re-protect.

By "tables" do you a real Table created by InsertTable?

I can provide code that turns off protection when you click inside a Table.

Click outside the Table and protection goes back on.

Is this something you could work with?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:22:00 -0600, "Blue Max" wrote:

How do we configure our worksheet so that we can turn protection ON, but
still enable the table filter buttons in order to sort columns in a table?

No matter what settings we select for protection, including the sort and
auto-filter options, we cannot sort tables on a protected sheet. What is
the secret to allowing table sorts on a protected sheet?