Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default View Pivot Table Source data as a Data Table

I'm no expert but did you check the path you noted as the source?
(\Documents and Settings\xgraham\My Documents\This
Data\Pivots for Review\Markets\[Updated 2009 Data.xls]Raw
Data'!$A$25:$H$11263)

Pivot data can be in external files and that's what this sounds like to me.

"InsomniacFolder" wrote:

Hello kind & helpful people,

I am using Excel 2007

I have a pivot table and I want to be able to look at all of the data that
it represents at once.
That is, I want to see the original data table that was used to create the
Pivot Table.

I have located the source data specified in the "PivotTable Tools » Options

That value is: '\Documents and Settings\xgraham\My Documents\This
Data\Pivots for Review\Markets\[Updated 2009 Data.xls]Raw Data'!$A$25:$H$11263

However, the user referred to there (xgraham) is not me, has never worked on
this machine, and no longer works for the company.

I believe the data table is saved with the PivotTable as a default - if I
double click the values fields I do get the sheets created with subsets for
that value - where is it stored in the file?

There are no hidden (or very hidden) sheets or columns/rows in the file

I need to add some columns to the original data table and recreate the
PivotTable, but I can't get to the original data set though it must be
somewhere because the Pivot Table functions normally without there being any
live connections.

Any help is greatfully appreciated,
Regards,
KeLee