Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
office user office user is offline

Default Locked for Editing

We are constantly having someone open up an excel workbook within our network
and not closing it before they go home. This does not allow us to continue
adding entries into the workbook throughout the night. We are forced to save
the workbook just as a copy then the next day we have to go back and enter
all of the entries that occurred over the previous night, a lot of tedious
work. Is there any Macro or other function that would enable me to force this
document to be closed on the network? We've tried communicating the necessity
of closing the document but to no avail.