Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:33:02 -0700, Shadowofthedarkgod
wrote:

I have the following input:

First name: John Michael or John or Mary Jane Carmen
MI: C
Last name: Dela Toya or Doe or Roberts

Now what I need is to convert John Michael C Dela Toya to jmcdelatoya, or
John C Doe to jcdoe and mjcdroberts. I'm having trouble in making excel
count the number of words in a name, since if my input has 3 first names, it
has to have 3
initials,like this: Mary Jane Carmen C. Roberts to mjcdroberts. Can anyone
help me pls?

Mr. Biff gave me a formula, however the formula takes the FIRST TWO LETTERS
of the name and is not applicable with 3 or more word names. I need the first
letter of the name. The middle initial is ok, and the last name is already
fixed, I just need the FIRST LETTER of the NAME or NAMES. Thanks!

If you would respond to the question I asked you in your original thread, I
might be able to help.

In general, it is better to keep in the original thread. It saves having to
repeat things and so is more efficient.

--ron