Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default speeding up calculation: replacing array formula with database function?

I agree, even though my suggestion isn't really complex Charles' is a
better approach for your situation. But as I had worked it out I shared it,
all adds to our knowledge base <bg

--

HTH

Bob

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
On 8 apr, 12:12, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Amedee,

I know Charles has suggested an alternative approach, but to get DMAX
working in your case I think you would need to have a table of all of the
unique dates, like so

Amt.........Amt.........Amt etc
01-Apr....07-Apr...........etc.

and then point at the relevant criteria.

For instance

=DMAX($A$1:$B$5,"Amt",INDEX($K$1:$L$2,0,MATCH(A2,$ K$2:$L$2,0)))

where K2:L2 is that extended criteria table.

Thank you Bob, but that would increase complexity.
I went with Charles' approach.
By adding the Val() function in my import procedure, I could also
remove an IF in another formula.
All together I only had to change 3 lines of code.

But thanks anyway.

--
Amedee