Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Run "Workbook Open" once

If, as part of your routine, you were to write the filename to a
specific cell in your workbook before saving, then you can test that
cell to see if it is empty - if so then run the rest of your macro, if
it is not empty then terminate the macro without asking for the
filename etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 7, 11:27*pm, David P. <David
wrote:
I have a template that when it opens it automatically runs a macro that
allows me to type in a text box what I want to save the file as and then
saves it in the directory where I want it saved. The problem is that once it
is saved I don't want it to run the macro again when I reopen that saved
file. Should I put in the code at the end some way to deactivate the macro so
that it no longer automatically runs when opening that newly saved file?
Thank you.

David P.