Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pierre Pierre is offline

Default Formula for counting frequency then sorting

On Apr 7, 8:17*am, J.Scargill
wrote:
Hi guys,
Need some help with this one.

My worksheet looks a little like this;

* * * * * * * * Col F * * * * * * * * * * * *Col X
* * * * * * * Barcode * * * * * * * *Round Number
14 * *1234123412341234 * * * * * 12341
15 * *8687686876868686 * * * * * 86876
16 * *7543275432754327 * * * * * 75432
17 * *2482482482482482 * * * * * 24824
18 * *8687686777777777 * * * * * 86876

The worksheet is a year-to-date summary of all claims submitted to my
department from our clients (data starts at row 14). Various data is
submitted but I am focussing on the worst performing rounds. The round number
is formulated as the first 5 digits of the barcode. Every week, we add to
this sheet with the previous weeks claims. By the end of they year we expect
appx. 1400 rows of data.

I want to have (on the same sheet) a table that extracts the most frequent
round numbers that appear in Col X and also puts a count in the opposing
cell. I want this to automatically update each week. Say, the 20 most
frequent.

Is this possible? I appreciate your time.

Use a pivot table. Sort by total number-criteria, and restrict the
list to the top 20.
For examples on doing this, visit contextures.com.

Pierre