Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count identical values in 2 rows

This may help you http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html

--

HTH

Bob

"Piet" wrote in message
Bob,

thanks for your answer, which helps me a lot.
I have to study the function a while as I don't understand the solution,
but
it works nevertheless fantastic!.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Piet

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For each row

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:AX2<""),--(A2:AX2=$A$1:$AX$1))

and copy dwn

--

HTH

Bob

"Piet" wrote in message
I use Excel 2007

I have a table of about 50 columns and 60 rows.
Each row must be compared with the first row of the table:
Is there a formula, that counts the number of cells in each row that
has
an
identical value with the corresponding cell in the header?

.