Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Piet Piet is offline

Default count identical values in 2 rows

Thanks for your attemt. But it was not were I was looking for. Bob Philips
gave me the solution.
Thanks for your effort in this.
Regards,
Piet

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

Assume that you are having the header value in A1 cell and you want to count
and compare it with the 2nd Row from A2 to AX2 then use the below formula.

=COUNTIF(A2:AX2,A1)

You can also protect the cell number by adding an $ (Dollar) symbol like the
below.
=COUNTIF(A$2:AX$2,A$1)

Use the above formula other than A1 cell and A2 to AX2 range.

(Ms-Exl-Learner)

"Piet" wrote:

I use Excel 2007

I have a table of about 50 columns and 60 rows.
Each row must be compared with the first row of the table:
Is there a formula, that counts the number of cells in each row that has an
identical value with the corresponding cell in the header?