Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default trouble posting tothis group

"Clif McIrvin" wrote:
I'm not used to having trouble posting via NNTP using
Outlook Express.

I have uncovered two instances wherein the MSnews server seems to remove
articles that contain certain text (anywhere in the ASCII form of the
message, not just the body).

Removal is usually almost instantaneous; but sometimes an article persists
for several minutes. This is why we sometimes see "deleted from server"
messages in OE.

As I recall, one instance is if the message contains the substring "X Y Z"
without the interstitial spaces. Of course "X Y Z" is a common example
name.

Another instance is if the message contains the substring "o n o" without
the interstitial spaces. Tony Valko (Biff) encountered this when he used
the word astro n omical".

It is better to use microsoft.public.test.here for test posts. Yes, some
problems could be newsgroup-specific. But that is very rare, if ever.

(Some NG have different expiration criteria.)