Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ziggy Ziggy is offline

Default calculate diffence between old salary and new salary

On Apr 5, 1:56*pm, trip_to_tokyo wrote:
USD 100 per day times the number of working days in the year.

Thanks.

"Felicia Pickett" wrote:
I have to figure out the impact if a daily salary increases. How do you
calculate the difference ex: $100/day to $200/day, what is the impact on
annual increase?- Hide quoted text -

Usually I use 261 working days for the year = 52 x 5 +1

If he/she is a contractor or an hourly employee you may want to deduct
holidays and/or time taken off.

If there are benefits involved you wil have to allow for that. Health
insurance is the biggest single item usually. 35% for benefits in the
52,000 per year is about right if the person has family health
insurance, a 401 K, FUTA, SUTS, WC, SS, MC, Vacation, ...
At the very least the employer has FICA at 6.2% for SS and 1.45% for
MC