Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Dave is offline

Default Formula shows in cell instead of results (text reference)

I have a file with 1,000's of forumlas in it. One tab alone has over 3,400
formulas.

There are 20 tabs that pull a job category name from the "rates" tab. For
year 1, the formulas start in A9 and go to A63. I have multiple years that
deal with the same job categories and the information for Years 2 - 5 starts
on row 106 and continue down. If I put a formula in A106 that says + or =
A9, the cell displays the forumla and not the job category name. Cell A106
is formatted as text which it should be. I have tried the edit format and
change A106 to text then hit F2 then Enter. This does not fix the problem.

I am using Excel 2003. What is causing the problem?

Any help is appreciated. This has been a problem that has been going on for
years but no one has ever taken them time to attempt to diagnose.

Thanks