Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ginger82 ginger82 is offline

Default Can I use a Reference inside a SUMIF or COUNTIF Function?

Hi Im having a similar issue, I'm trying to count numbers within a range and
then substract that number to another countif formula so something like this:

=COUNTIF('Data Report'!$N$14:$N$2857,"O-PFS"-(COUNTIF('Data
Report'!$O$14:$O$2857,"75<85")))

so N coulmn has codes like"o-pfs" and O columns has numbers, in a separate
sheet I need to count the number of N with "o-pfs" minus O column within 75
and 85..
does this make sense? my formula gives me 0 in return???
thanks