Gord Dibben

Click on excel.exe and VBE opens.....right?

What happens if you then hit ALT + Q? Do you go to Excel window?

Couple of things to try..........

Your Excel file association may be lost.

StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the /
mark).

You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround
with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver

If this doesn't do the trick.............

Try to un-register first then go back to /regserver as above.

StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes and note the space before the /
mark).

If the above steps bring no joy..................

Go to StartSettingsFolderOptionsFile Types. Scroll down to MS Excel
Worksheet. Then if running Win98 OS Edit select "Open" and Edit.

If using WinXP OS you would scroll down to .XLS then "Advanced"OpenEdit.

In Command line the path should be similar to this....

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\EXCEL.EXE" /e (delete the <sp/e if
you want Book1 to open.

You must have the double quotes.

Below have "use DDE" checked and this in the DDE message box....[open("%1")]

Application should read "Excel"(no quotes)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:58:06 -0700, sinistersims
wrote:

Hello-

When I double click any of my ms excel icons/shortcuts, visual basic opens
instead of excel. I'm currently using MS Office 2000 Professional, and I'm
not sure what the problem is...I've even tried going through the excel.exe
icon. Please help me fix this issue. Thank you in advance for your
assistance.