Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Brian wrote:
You are right, it does work.

But I am looking for a way to reference a cell that will contain the filename:

so instead of =[WorkbookName]SheetName!A1

I would like =[Cell A1]SheetName!A1 where Cell A1 will be the filename

Not sure if that makes it any clearer

Brian

You need to use the address format I gave you, and combine it with an
INDIRECT() statement. Look in the Excel help system for detailed info
on INDIRECT.

Basically you build up a text version of the address you need and insert
that into the INDIRECT() statement. For example, if your workbook name
is stored as text in cell A5, then:

[ ] = INDIRECT("[" & A5 & "]SheetName!A1")

Bill