Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Workbooks Don't Open

And you don't get any warning/error messages from excel or windows???

If that's true, then I bet your workbook is opening, but just not in the visible
sheet area.

You can test this by hitting file|Print preview (after opening the workbook).

If that works ok, then close the print preview window.
Window|Arrange|tiled
and resize the way you want.

Then save the workbook--or you'll be doing it again!

Dax Arroway wrote:

I also thought it might be a graphics driver issue so I restarted in Safe
Mode but opening Excel files in Safe Mode still do the same behavior.
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!

"Dax Arroway" wrote:

I'm running OfficeXP 03 Pro. Whenever I try to open a workbook by double
clicking on it, Excel opens without the workbook opening. The program opens,
but's blank without a workbook. If I drag and drop an .xls file into the
blank space it opens. I tried repairing it from the CD but this did not fix
the issue. Other office programs work fine. Any ideas as to what this might
be causing this or how to fix it?