Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Countifs for multiple worksheets

Can the countifs function be used to count
cells across multiple worksheets?

No.

There is a possible method using SUMPRODUCT but it's VERY complicated and I
would suggest you just put a formula on each sheet in the same cell then sum
that cell across the sheets.

A1 on each sheet holds your COUNTIFS formula.

Then:

=SUM(First:Last!A1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JodySmithPharmD" wrote in
message ...
Can the countifs function be used to count cells across multiple
worksheets?
I keep getting a #VALUE! error. I have tried changing the format of the
cells in question but I cannot resolve the error.

Thank you,

Jody