Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mary Mary is offline

Default HOW DO I CALCULATE WEEKLY PAYMENTS THAT VARY BY LENGTH OFTHE M

Hey Mike,
That sounds like what i want to do, i am just starting to use excel so i
dont know how to get to what you told me to do.

Info:
I am creating a bills worksheet, some of my bills are monthly, some weekly,
and last for my other sons babysitter i pay her monthly but the cost depends
on the amount of days i brought him in. i dont know how to put the weekly and
daily in functions.

Weekly:
what i want to do is to be able to put for example a number "4" in the cell
and it then would automatically calculate that in that month i paid 32.50
four times, and give me the total for that month.

Daily:
I have a flat rate of $10 a day for my sons daycare, but i only pay the $10
when i bring him in, so i want to create a formula that lets me say its
always going to be $10 dollars but the monthly cost change depending on the
amount of days i brought him in during that month.

please help me...Thanks

"Mike H" wrote:

Mary,

What I think you may mean is that some months have (say) 4 Mondays and some
have 5 so if you make your payments on a Monday then some months you make 4
payments and others 5.

This will calculate the Mondays in the month of a date in a1

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&EOMONTH(A1,0))))=2))

For other days of the week change the last 2 where 1=Sunday and 6 = Saturday.
--
Mike

question.

"Mary" wrote:

I make weekly payments for my son's school, every week is the same amount but
the total per month may be different since some months have more weeks than
others...How do i put that in a formula??