Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Gary is offline

Default vlookup?

I'm trying to extract commission amounts for various sales reps from a table
with known number of columns but varying number of rows each month. I want to
extract values from certain columns and rows pertaining to each sales rep to
create a commission report and then a summary calculating the total pay for
each rep. The report comes from our servicing company and is not broken down
by sales rep. The table shows the name of the various companies who purchased
our product. We know which sales rep sold to which company, but the servicing
company doesn't. I need to create a report that summarizes each sales rep's
sales based on the company name for various products sold, all of which have
differing commission percentages. We have about 10 categories of products.
Where do I start?