Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MrMike MrMike is offline

Default Formatting Phone Numbers in Excel 2007 Help

This removed the dashes, however I still have an 11 digit phone number with a
1 at the beginning, which I also would like to remove. Is there a better way
to do both? Meaning remove the dashes and the 1 before the number?

"pmartglass" wrote:

You can do a replace

ctrl + h

seek for -
leave replace blank

it will strip the area you select from all hyphens and then you can format
the same as the other data

"MrMike" wrote:

I have phone numbers in two different formats:
1. 1-123-456-7890 (11 digits w/dashes)
2. 1234567890 (10 digits only)

How can I convert the first format into the standard format in excel for
phone numbers of (###) ###-####?

I know the second format will do it automatically.

Thanks in advance for your help.